[linux-dvb] dvdplayer 0.29 remote control ?, etc ...

hi folks.

after weeks of too much work (seems to hit everybody these days, uh
?!?) i spent yesterday evening/todays morning to switch to suse 7.

lets take a short look back to my top issues:
.) dvdplayer (0.2) wont work with 2.2.17, dvd-rom and hd clashes with
dma enabled, had ide-resets ...
.) disk wont work with udma (board is a plain vanilla bx/piix4) -
maybe the reasons for recording/playback problems
.) want to see if acpi helps to get a real standby mode

tried to use a 2.4pre kernel (maybe the ide issues are resolved
there, and acpi is in it), but suse 6x wont work without major
changes - so i decided to update (no: frsh install) to 7.0 and then
try to run 2.4.x.

i made a backup, formated and installed a fresh 7.0.

what should i say, 7.0 with the standard 2.2.16 kernel (suse version)
works flawlessly with dma, no dvd-hd problems, surprise - surprise.

maybe the udma-cable i installed helps too, but a plain bx doesnt
need that IMHO ?!?

will use my holidays to try to do that standby-thing for vdr, hope
2.4.x with acpi etc will help (and work like 2.2.16-suse).

[dvdplayer]
dvdplayer 0.29 works well too, sound ist synced (yipee).

but i had no chance with remote-control via lirc.
edited the remote.h, made dvdplayer and started it with -r.
everything went fine - syslog shows "lircd:accepted client" - until i
hit the first button (usually "MENU"), then syslog told me "lircd:
removed client".
diggin in the source and uncomment some printf´s showed some output
(remote key) but doesnt give a hint whats happening.

anybody out there has some idea ?

wbr.tja...

ps: dvb 0.8 and vdr ? will this work ?

---