[linux-dvb] Re: record buffer full Problem solved

SPDIF works without any modification ... just connected to my Pioneer
Receiver (VSX-709RDS) and i got digital sound ... anyway as far as I know
is the output of the dvb-s Card not a normal (or standard) SPDIF signal.
>From other sources I heared the Voltage level is too high (it outputs +/-
5V instead of +/-0.3V). I'm not sure about the values and don't remember
from where  I got the Information.

The first Tests with SVHS Output give me a very good picture, but the last
tries give me a very bad picture .. I'm not sure if it depends on the
soldering quality of my connector or the shielding quality ... I still try
to figure out what the problem of the very very poor picture quality is.
Maybe the kernel error relates in any way to the picture quality ...

Anyway ..I'ver read about several people who used the YC output without the
error .. and it looks like this error comes from the kernel and not from
the DVB driver ... anyone any hint where the problem could be ???

Greetings
Stefan Hagendorn

                    Lars Bensmann
                    <lars.bensmann@epo        An:     linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
                    st.de>                    Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:             Thema:  [linux-dvb] Re: record buffer full Problem solved
                    linux-dvb-bounce@l
                    inuxtv.org

                    21.12.2000 18:38

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 04:02:48PM +0100, Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> after some tries I found the source of the "record buffer full" Problem.
It
> happend after I changed the output to CVBS & YC !!

Ah, thanks a lot. That was my problem as well. Now it works again.

> I recently build my own SPDIF/SVHS connector and changed the driver to
> output YC Signal on J2. I know in DVB .80 it is possible to set this as a
> modules parm.

Did it work for you? S-Video kind of worked, but the picture was VERY dark
and so I'm back to composite again. :-(
SPDIF didn't work at all. Do you have to activate this in the driver as
well? I couldn't find any info on that one.

cu,
Lars

--
I came, I saw, I deleted all your files.

---
subject.

---