[linux-dvb] Re: Info under VDR with CI?

Favre Gregoire wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently purchassed a CI and a Viacess CAM to see the national swiss channels
> and I wonder whether VDR does give also the info on the crypted channels?
>
> I don't know if the reason that's I don't receive them are that the Swiss channels
> don't send them or if VDR cannot handle them properly?
>
> On one of those channels (SF2:12399:h:1:27500:163:92:1:907 on hotbird) I have one
> info, always the same: 28 SF1   `time`
> 01:00 Event 0
>
> But I have nothing for the others...

I'm not sure if I understand what you are referring to.

The "28 SF1   `time`" you mentioned is the number and name of the
channel (plus the current time) that is displayed when you switch
channels or press "Ok".

The "01:00 Event 0" I assume is the starting time and title of the
currently runing programme.

If that's what you mean by "info", you'll need to make sure that the
entries in 'channels.conf' all have the "Pnr" (Program Number)
parameter set to a non-zero value (that's the last value in each
line, for example "907" in your "SF2" example). VDR doesn't have
means to retrieve these number automatically (yet).

Hope that helps
Klaus