Re: satstuff-getting worse!- why oh why can't i download?!

Hi and tnx allready!

> Stop squid first: "/etc/rc.d/squid stop", then "killall dvbd", that
> kills any running dvbd's and frees the videodev, then "make rmmod" which
> unloads all modules. Make sure you have your connection to the Internet
> up and running befor you insert the modules, dial-on-demand doesnt work
> without going through the whole process of unloading and reloading the
> modules. Once your connection to the Internet is up you may issue "make
> insmod" and then "dvbd". Now try to "ping 194.177.32.44". The order of
> commands is very important!

i'm assuming all this happens in DVB/driver/make rmmod
DVB/driver/make insmod
and dvbd can happen everywhere, as it's in the /usr/sbin/

> > .........so this all seems to work too... router:/etc/squid# cat
> > squid.conf
> > http_port 8080
> > icp_port 0
>
> I use the default port 3130

a portscan of my machine yields:

> The TCP connect scan took 421 seconds to scan 1511 ports.
> > Interesting ports on 25dyn15.dh.casema.net (213.17.1.15):
> > (Not showing ports in state: filtered)
> > Port    State       Protocol  Service
> > 20      unfiltered  tcp        ftp-data
> > 21      open        tcp        ftp
> > 22      open        tcp        ssh
> > 23      open        tcp        telnet
> > 25      open        tcp        smtp
> > 53      open        tcp        domain
> > 80      open        tcp        http
> > 110     open        tcp        pop-3
> > 443     unfiltered  tcp        https
> > 1023    unfiltered  tcp        unknown
> > 1024    open        tcp        unknown
> > 1025    unfiltered  tcp        listen
> > 1026    unfiltered  tcp        nterm
> > 1030    unfiltered  tcp        iad1
> > 1031    unfiltered  tcp        iad2
> > 1032    unfiltered  tcp        iad3
> > [snip!]
> > 8080    open        tcp        http-proxy
> > [snip!]

neither port 0 or port 3130 is open.... is this a problem?

> I guess this is OK, the only thing that I changed in squid.conf was the
> "peer" address, the remainder of the file still has the default values.
> Ah well, of course you have to setup the files in "/etc/squid". You
> don't really need squid though, it's only interesting for clients that
> cannot authenticate themselves.

okay, so without the squid settings going, i should be able to ping
194.177.32.44! I still can't do this :(

> Good luck
cheers
> Gregor