[linux-dvb] Re: NAPI - How?

I only have done tuning with the new API so far, so i can only answer
questions regarding this topic.

Am Sonntag 04 Februar 2001 16:59 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> - Do I have to compile the driver differently to use the NAPI?
no.

> - Do I have to 'insmod' the driver differently?
just use "make insmod" form the driver subdirectory.

> - Do I have to make any special compile time considerations when
>   compiling VDR (i.e. do I need to 'define' any special macros)?
no.

>   - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCSOSDCOMMAND, &dc)
for OSD you have to use the old API at the moment. I don't know if Ralph
planed someting like /dev/ost/osd?

>   - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCGFRONTEND, &front)
>   - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCSFRONTEND, &front)

for tuning you have to open:
/dev/ost/sec ( for 22khz, volatage )
/dev/ost/qpskfe ( for frequency, symbolrate and fec )
/dev/ost/demux (for setting vpid and apid)
and use the IOCTL of these devices.

Hope this helps
Christian

---