[linux-dvb] Announcing dvbtext-0.1- a simple teletext decoder

An early release of a short program I've written to decode DVB teletext pages
is available at:

http://www.linuxstb.org/dvbtext/

When you run it, it spools all the teletext pages as "vtx" files into a
directory.  You can then use an external program to view the pages - there
are links to a couple of such programs, including a Java applet on the above
page.

Instructions for it's use are in the README file included in the
(source-only) distribution.  I've also included my channels.conf for Astra 19
which includes the Teletext PIDS for some of the channels.  This is useful
with Klaus's latest (unofficial) release of VDR - currently 0.71pre2.

The interesting features are that it can simultaneously record multiple
teletext streams into different directories (currently up to 8 - a safety
limit imposed by Ralph) and that it can also access the teletext pages of
some (but not all) encrypted channels.   This shows that some encrypted
channels leave their teletext streams in the clear.

Enjoy,

Dave.

---