[linux-dvb] Re: vdr + teletext + encrypted channels

On Wednesday 07 February 2001 20:11, Dieter Hofrichter wrote:
> I use vdr-0.71pre4 and the dvb driver from the cvs from 6.2.2001. I can
> watch teletext on not encrypted channels, but not on encrypted channels. If
> i stop vdr on an encrypted channel and restart vdr, i can watch teletext on
> that channel. When i change the channel now, teletext only works on not
> encrypted channels.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks to Mr. Schmidinger and Mr. Metzler for their great work.

I'll leave others to (hopefully) explain what you are experiencing.

However, one temporary solution (if possible) is to use another, unencrypted
channel on the same transponder to access the teletext - e.g. for ORF1, add
the following line to your channels.conf:

TW1 (ORF1 Text):12692:h:0:22000:166:167:165:0:13013

Thanks for the PIDs!

Best wishes,

Dave.

---