[linux-dvb] Announce/request for samples...

For people who'd like to transcode captured video the latest release
1.3b3 of the mjpegtools might be of interest.

(mjpeg.sourceforge.net)

The relevant highlights are:

- MPEG2 encoding including interlaced video and SVCD compliant streams
suitable for burning to CD and playback on SVCD/DVD players.

- Patched ac3dec/mpeg2dec to decode for re-encoding.

However, I can only say "might" be of interest because I can't test
the tools against Program streams extracted from a DTV card.  Some
kind person put a few brief samples on their web site a while back but
I seem to have lost the email giving the address.

Also, as I understand it the DTV cards can also be used to play back
MPEG2 (ps2av_pes < mympeg2PS.mpg > /dev/video ? ).
However, I presume the cards are fairly inflexible (full resolution
streams only?) so trying to use them to playback (say) half-resolution
MPEG or SVCD streams isn't possible...

	Andrew

---