[linux-dvb] Re: TT-budget+ Smart card reader + PIII 700?

Giuseppe La Rosa writes:
 > >  > tried elsewhere in the VES1893, and I've made the mistake that you
 > >  > explained.
 > >  > What does it means? That the functionality is present but is not used
 > in the
 > >  > driver implementation?
 > >
 > > The functionality would have to be implemented into the firmware.
 >
 > And who could do this?Siemens?Texas Instruments?
 > Do you think that they will do, if asked?

TI couldn't do it, because they probably don't have the rest of the
card specific parts of the ARM code.
It would have to be Siemens, Technotrend or us.

 > >  > Do you think that could be activated? What I think is that, if is
 > present,
 > >  > should not be difficult to activate and use it. Form the demux part, it
 > must
 > >  > be only written the functions to tell what control words have to be
 > used.
 > >  > The rest is to make some software that implements the CA System part
 > that
 > >  > manage ECM and EMM.
 > >
 > > The various CA systems are littered with patents and trade secrets.
 > > Any product implementing them would have to get the proper licenses.
 > > I am certainly not going to step into this legal minefield.
 >
 > Also for 'Remotely Keyed Encryption Schemes'  of cryptolabs?

Hmm, don't all the pay TV services fall into the RKES category?
And we can see how secure they made the low-bandwidth high security part
of the scheme ...

Ralph

---