[linux-dvb] Re: Minimum system

Jens Groth wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> im trying to setup SuSE linux for VDR.
> What is the minimum system that is required to run?

I had vdr sort-of running on a PentiumPro 150 MHz
with 64MB of RAM. With a SCSI disk this worked OK,
with a UDMA controller and an IDE disk it was almost
OK. That's about a year ago, though, so your mileage
may vary with today's versions.

I had recently used vdr on a Pentium III 450 MHz
and IDE disks without UDMA, which caused vdr to
become so busy during fast-forward that it would
no longer respond to any remote control commands.
So a relatively high band width to your disks is
a requirement.

> Could anyboby post a list of the required packages?

As long as you install the kernel sources and gcc you
should be OK.

Carsten.

---