[linux-dvb] Re: dsm-cc format

Keith Craigie wrote:

> Does anyone know a good way to sync DSM-CC
> packets in a transport stream?  There is no sync byte defined for DSM-CC
> in the spec, so I'm finding it difficult to filter out bad packets.

I don't know what you mean by "sync byte".

DSM-CC data is carried in MPEG2 private sections. If the
section_syntax_indicator bit of the section is set to 1,
then there is a 32 bit CRC for detecting transmission errors.
Unfortunately, the DSM-CC via MPEG2 standard makea the use
of the CRC optional, but encourages it.

Details can be found in ISO 13818-6.

Johannes

---