[linux-dvb] Re: dsm-cc format

Keith Craigie wrote:

> The DSM-CC data (specifically, DSM-CC addressable packets) in this case is
> being carried in the payload of a transport stream, which in turn
> originates from the DTV hardware (PCI card).  Where is this
> "section_syntax_indicator" of which you speak?  It's not in the DSM-CC
> addressable section or TS headers?  There's a checksum/CRC32 bit in the
> DSM-CC header with a 32-bit field terminating the packet, but you're
> right, in my experience it's rarely used.

ETSI document EN 301 192 "DVB specification for data broadcasting"
defines various ways to put data in MPEG2 transport streams.
IIRC, DSM-CC-over-MPEG2 is layered on top of the MPEG2 section structure
defined in ISO 13818-1, namely the "private section syntax".
I can't help you any further, as I am not an expert in this
area. Reading the standard documents might help you.

Johannes

---