[linux-dvb] Re: Jump

Am 22.02.01, schrieb "Johannes Schoeller" <schoeller@gmx.at> ...

> ?? why not just use the GREEN button? press it 10 times
> an you are 10min "in the future" ;) that.s imho much
> faster then pressing about five different buttons,
> especially when you are in a dark room and want to
> use the remote with "closed eyes".

This is OK when you just want to skip the commercials... but when it
comes to "show XY that great scene close to the end of the 2-hour-movie"
I think it's no fun to press 100 times. Even my old Grundig-VHS-VCR has
such a jump-function and every DVD-Player (better: almost every player
with direct-access-media) has it.. so I think a VDR should have it, too.

Greetings,   Marcus

---