[linux-dvb] mpegtools & mplex2

Matthias Schniedermeyer writes:
 > #include <hallo.h>
 >

 > The current CVS-Version of mpegtool doesn't compile
 >
 > Makefile:75: .depend: No such file or directory
 > g++  -M ctools.c mainc.c ringbuffy.c cpptools.cc main.cc  bits.cpp
 > buffer.cpp domplex.cpp inits.cpp inptstrm.cpp interact.cpp mplex.cpp
 > multplex.cpp systems.cpp timecode.cpp -I../../driver > .depend
 > g++ -c -g -Wall -O2 -I../../driver   cpptools.cc
 > g++ -c -g -Wall -O2 -I../../driver   main.cc
 > main.cc: In function `int main(int, char **)':
 > ctools.h:493: too few arguments to function `void ts_demux2(int, int, int,
 > unsigned int, unsigned int)'
 > main.cc:181: at this point in file
 > ctools.h:493: too few arguments to function `void ts_demux2(int, int, int,
 > unsigned int, unsigned int)'
 > main.cc:300: at this point in file
 > make: *** [main.o] Error 1

Ok, fixed that.

 > av_pes2pes <blub> > in
 > mplex -t MPEG2 -o out in
 >
 > I tried the result with "the Hardware" and with xmovie. With both the
 > audio stops about 14 seconds after the beginning. And the video hangs
 > after 42 seconds (Video is only tested with xmovie)

What ptsdiff does mplex report after demuxing?
I sometimes got cases where audio or video stops after a while when
the demuxer can't find good starting PTS values. Then you have to set
the video or audio delay by hand.
I also had some recordings where audio or video was defective (real
errors from bad weather). In that case the bbmpeg routines get
confused.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de