[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: Idea to save power (and also your money) with VDR

Jens Groth wrote:
>Hello,
>
>the idea of starting the PC via RTC sounds great.
>I just took a look in my mainboard manual (Gigabyte GA-6BA).
>This board support AT and ATX power supplies and has
>an Award BIOS. If you configure it for ATX, then you
>can enter an alarm for startup in the bios. So it should
>be really just some programming to get this feature to be
>integrated in to linux.

Is it really just the RTC-Chip's alarm-timer that needs to be
programmed? (or is it a special timer in the mainboard?)
That should be easy, is'nt there some code available already?

Then there should be a switch-off strategy depending on minimum
off time between to timers, and no off when using keyboard/irda/...

---