[linux-dvb] Re: DVD drive recommendations?

Hi Klaus,

take a look in the current ct magazine 5 (page 154). DVD-drives that are
patchable (to remove countrycode) are marked :-) Firmware patches for
DVD-drives are available from www.firmware.com.bi
Funny and simple: The Asus drive DVD-E612 has a jumper for this.
 I would prefer the LG DRD-8120B - it is fast, quiet, able to read all
sorts of media and patchable. Anybody here that have experiences with that
drive in linux?

        Matthias

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I am thinking about buying a DVD drive for my VDR computer.
>
> Can anybody recommend a certain brand/model?
>
> Klaus

---