[linux-dvb] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.71

Hi Klaus,

> Have fun!

you have done great work!

I am relatively new to VDR and haven't a system running yet. But I want
to build one in the near future.

A few days ago I asked a question regarding the number of DVB cards
necessary to support time-shifting. I didn't get an answer yet. I have
read the /dev/video API and thought it should be possible to use only
one card and a faster CPU to do concurrent reading and writing to the
card. I am asking this because I probably build an ultra compact system
for the living room and need to know how many PCI-slots the system has
to support.

It would be nice if you or someone else knowing the answer could
respond.

Emil

---