[linux-dvb] Re: some newbie questions concerning VDR 0.71 & DVB 0.82

Nils Heidorn wrote:

> (1) in the new 0.71 the "Red" and "Green" keys are not showing EPG info for
> the current channel anymore, am i missing something or is this wanted ??

This information (and more) can now be retrieved via "Menu/Schedule".

> (4) Currently i run a simple system with one DVB-s Card, connected to 2
> CAM's ( SEKA & IRDETO ).
> If i add more DVB-s cards, will they be able to use the existing CAM's for
> recording PAY-TV broadcasts or will each added DVB-s Card need its own set
> of CI-Module & CAM's ???

VDR selects the appropriate card when recording an encrypted channel.
So you need only one card with a CAM (unless you want to record more
than one encrypted channel at the same time).

> (5) I have a strange Problem with my CAM's ... whenever i leave the System
> on prolonged ( like 24 hours ) it happens quite often that the System
> doesn't decrypt anymore -> Pay-TV channels leave me with black screen ... I
> have to reinsert the CAM Modules to make it work again, and the CAM Modules
> are not only slightly hotter "hand-temperature"... anyone experiencing this
> too ?? Any solutions/workarounds ??? Would a CI-Reset ( which is not
> implemented in VDR right now ) help ???

AFAIK there is no CI-Reset in the driver yet. Once it's available, VDR can call it.

Klaus