[linux-dvb] Re: Cutting

>If you want to connect two clips with reencoded starts/ends you have a
>problem, because the GOP-sequence is not circular and you get a "jitter
>effect" at the editpoint.

Can't this jitter effect be avoided? Isn't this the goal of the not closed
GOP-mode (but I think for DVD authoring you need closed GOP).

Wouldn't it be possible to reencode the (B/P) frames in the cut GOP as
I-Frames to avoid the jitter effect at the editpoint (for example:
IBPBBPBBPBBP IBPBBPBBPBBP IIIII IBPBBPBBPBBP IBPBBPBBPBBP).

Reencoding the whole clip isn't ideal, I guess no matter what encoding
algorithm you use there's always a loss of quality.

Regards,
Daniel

---