[linux-dvb] Re: Problems when switching between Channels

Bernd Hoose wrote:

> I've got some Problems wenn i or the EPG Scanners zap betwenn the Channels.
> After a few switches i only get errors "VDR 140 Error channel xx not synced
> front.sync=0! Retry"
> If this happens at timerrecording the timer is benn deleted by system.
> Nothing helps unless of new Booting.
>
> Second Problem, Timerrecord starts an i get Error " VDR 292 Error Buffer
> size xxxxx" and nothing recorded.
> After reboot recording recording start at once system is up.
>
> Yesterday i get while recording a message "VR 355 free buffer.space dipped
> into limit (10643<104857)
>
> My system is Asus CUBX, Cel 700, 32 MB RAM, PCI Grafik S3, Technotrend Card
> first release.

Sounds to me like channel sync'ing doesn't work good enough on your
system. Can you check the signal strength somehow? Maybe by attaching
an analog receiver to the sat cable. Often the picture is perfectly ok
on a digital receiver, while an analog receiver already shows a lot
of noise. In such situations the digital receiver loses sync if
the signal gets only a tiny little bit weaker. I sometimes observe
that here when there is heavy snowfall and my dish gets covered with snow.
Also, your dish might not be optimally aligned with the satellite.

Just some guesses...

Klaus