[linux-dvb] Re: Two technical questions...

Hi,

i use an older ATI RageII 2Mb with TV-out - works fine but
picturequality is not "High-End".
The use of X is not necessary and not recommended. (you have to install
gtk+ for compiling)

ATTENTION: At boot time you have to connect a videosink to TV-out. The
card recognise if a 75 Ohm terminating resistor exists and switch, if
so, to 720x575 (TV) mode.

Remotecontrolling with telnet or ssh via LAN is also possible.

Regards,

Christoph

Ratschkowski Tobias wrote:

> Hello (again) ;-)
>
> I plan to set up my vdr-box in my livingroom. there is no vga-monitor,
> so i dont have access to the linux-console.
> How do you all handle this ? Do you use a tv-out card under XF86 ?
>
> Thanks a lot for yur help!
> tobias

Christoph Ackermann                                    ] t e c m a t h [
System Integration Engineer          Content Management Systems Division
phone +49 6301 606-200      Sauerwiesen 2, 67661 Kaiserslautern, Germany
fax   +49 6301 606-209                            http://www.tecmath.com