[linux-dvb] AW: Re: outcommand error 1 and ARM RESET

> So far I read that the following CAMs are causing instant crashes:
>
> Aston version 1.04 and 1.05
> Irdeto version 4.7
>
> Can somebody confirm this?
> What about other CAMs like the new EuroCIs?
>

> Ralph

	[Hakenes Rolf]  I can confirm that Aston Version 1.04 causes instant
crashes (with my setup, DVB 0.8.1, Linux 2.2.17), while Aston 1.03 works
fine most of the time. Irdeto 4.7E AllCAM is fully functional as well. Some
problems exist (already reported by some people) when there are multiple
DVB-s cards in the system but only one CI-plug. To solve this, one has to
connect the CI-plug to the last card in the PCI chain (for whatever reason)
or reset the CAMs after loading the driver modules. Fast switching of
encrypted channels can confuse the CAMs, which means one has to reset them
(unfortunately there is no way doing this without performing a pull/push
cycle at the CI-plug). Some other oddities can confuse the CAMs as well
(don't know exactly what), so resetting them by software would be a VERY
nice feature. I noticed another problem with encrypted channels, that's
switching between languages of streams with multiple audio PIDs. It is no
problem to switch between audio PIDs on FTA channels, but this does not work
on encrypted channels. If I try to switch to an alternative audio PID I
always get some disturbances followed by the correct channel with the
original (first) audio PID (occurrs with both APIs), I am shure, that this
worked OK for some former version of the driver (possibly 0.7.1), but so far
I didn't track that back exactly.

	Rolf

---