[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.80pre6

20.05.2001 17:15:30, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

>Please test this version intensively and report any bugs you may find.

Hello,

I am using the latest CVS drivers and vdr0.80pre6 on Kernel 2.4.3. Most of the time the driver loads ok and inits with the default channel, NTV.
Sometimes it does not: it loads, but seems to have problems to sync to the channel, the log says something like "settig frequency to xxx" all over again,
the screen remains blank.
Removing and reloading all modules 2-4 times helps here. (Maybe some timing prob?)

In est. 40% of all times (with the driver successfully loaded and working) starting vdr results in the same problem: vdr cannot sync any channel (xxxx non sync`ed).
Even restarting of vdr alone does not help, i have to reload the driver (sometimes more than once, s.above), then restart vdr.

With both driver and vdr loaded and running, the system is quite stable now :). There are usally no sync problems in this stage. Seldom, when recording over a
longer period off time or stopping the recording (seldom too) there is a "Speicherfehler" (memory fault in english, or is it a segfault? ).

Overall, even with this "features", I am quite happy with this system - I don't want to miss it allready. Great work.

Carsten

P.S:
Does anyone has a configuration example to show me, (or where to get it), how to make DVB/VDR "autostart" so no user interaktion is necessary?
Since the IR from the hauppauge is still not supported from LIRC I have to use the keybord. Do I have to start VDR with -t /dev/console when no user is logged
on?