[linux-dvb] Re: Skins

Matthias Queisler wrote:

> Hey Group,
>
> I just watched a movie on my VDR and thought "Wouldn't it be cool, if you
> could make your own skins for the VDR-OSD??".
> I remember that I heard, that the OSD is a bitmap-format, so it isn't really
> hard to make skins.
>
> What are you thinking guys?

I agree that the VDR GUI is somewhat boring.

However, IMHO it would be far more useful to
have a VDR that records everything reliably
without A/V dropouts, without the OSD changing
colors randomly, without ARM reset loops, etc.
Once everything is 100% stable, we should think
about new features.

Among the new VDR features that I would like
to have before skins are:

*  playback of all media (DVD, VCD, MP3).

*  JPEG image snapshots by pressing one remote
   control button at any time.

*  Summary/EPG info by pressing one (always the
   same one) remote ontrol button at any time.

*  EPG display that is a table with the time
   on the X axis and the channel on the Y axis.

Carsten.