[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.80pre8, current CVS OSD problems

Marcus Kuba wrote:
> The EPG is not only for looking what is on the other
> channels, but also for getting information about the current broadcast or
> for programming timers. And in such cases I prefer to be able to see
> what's happening while I read the description

True.
However, IMHO a much better solution for this problem
would be to define a summary button that gives you the
EPG summary information about the current broadcast in
one of the small transparent OSD windows.

My idea is to define a consistent remote control button
which *always* gives you summery information - no matter
what state VDR is in (i.e. pressing that same button
gives you the EPG summary text if you watch live TV or
point at a channel in the channels or EPG menu, the
recording's summary text if you watch a recording or
point at it in the recordings or timer menu, etc.).
I might have mentioned this idea here in the past.

> my friends who I showed the vdr-stuff
> also liked vdr's simple but straightforwarded and transparent menus much
> better than all the graphical stuff other receivers have.

Same here.
I care more for information than for beauty (at least
in this context ;-)
So I would like all avaialable space to be filled with
information - especially in the recordings and EPG
overviews.
Of course, a 100% error-free playback is even more
important.

Carsten.