[linux-dvb] Streaming DVB/DVD data over a 2 computer network?

Hi all,

I am fairly new to video related linux things and I wonder if there is a
simple (or complicated ;) ) solution available for streaming dvb/dvd stuff
over a network?

I just want to watch some dvds on my notebook (linux, too) while I am in bed
;)

This involves just two computers and I would be perfectly happy to do
something as simple as mounting some partition over nfs or samba.

But what viewer can I use on the other end of the connection? I probably have
to do some format changing, too. Is there a tool to do this in near realtime?
Video only would be enough (could use wireless headphones as a kludge.)

I won't get into the problem that this is only a 11M/s WLAN link.....

If you could throw something at me to play with I would be very happy. If I
could bastardize some almost working solution, that would be great, too. But
if there isn't already something to start with, I fear a from-scratch
solution is beyond my scope.

Marcus