[linux-dvb] Re: anyone testet the new hauppauge model with...

On Sun, 6 May 2001, Manuel Veith wrote:

> the latest dvb cvs and vdr 0.80pre4?
> i tried the latest dvb driver and it worked properly.

I'm having serious problems with channel switching. Sometimes, the image
will freeze when I switch channels and sometimes the card will lock up
completely (I get an ARM reset and after that the card is dead until I
reload the driver). Does anyone else experience this with the new
Hauppauge model? My satellite dish probably isn't aligned as good as it
could be, can this be the source of the problem?

> But I couldn't write the stream directly to harddisk with cat.
> it that because of the new api?

Yes, with the new API, you have to press the tux button in tuxzap or start
ntuxzap with the -e command line option to enable recording from
/dev/ost/dvr.

Regards
hh