[linux-dvb] Re: vdr/dvb remote control new hauppauge, my plans

> One question: I have a remote control that came with my "new" hauppauge
dvb-s
> Can this be used with the lirc package? Is it the same as the one that
comes
> with other WinTv cards and is described in the lirc-project?

As far as I know, it's the same remote that comes with other Hauppauge
cards. At least it works with the sample settings for WinTV remotes
available on the LIRC website ;-) But you have to use a seperate IR receiver
because the receiver built into the card is not supported by LIRC. Most
mainboards have an on-board IrDA chip which you can use if you buy the
appropriate adaptor cable. I have successfully used an adaptor labled for
Gigabyte mainboards on Asus and Gigabyte mainboards so far. Don't forget to
compile VDR with "make REMOTE=LIRC" after you have set up LIRC.

Regards,
hh