[linux-dvb] problems with genindex

Hi,

I'm trying to use the genindex program posted in
http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/msg04500.html to create
index.vdr files for imported MPEG files (I'm using VDR 0.80pre8).

genindex scans the entire file and reports I-frames from the beginning to
the end, but when I replay the file from within VDR, only a fraction of
the real size is shown and replayed. I took a 1-hour file and got 10
minutes, a 5 minute recording was shown to be 30 seconds long and so on
... Can anyone with more knowledge about VDR and MPEG tell me what could
be wrong and what I can do to solve the problem?

Regards,
hh