[linux-dvb] Skins

Hello,

I agree that stability comes first. But as I had to realize that I can
not contribute to this part I decided to write some stuff around VDR and
the driver to get more into this topic.

> Among the new VDR features that I would like
> to have before skins are:
>
> *  playback of all media (DVD, VCD, MP3).

I actually play around with versions of vlc, xine and xmovie to check
which one would be best to be merged with vdr or if all three (and
others) could be patched to rund with the DVB driver and be controlled
by vdr (management of dvb card and so on). This weekend I started to
check the new xmovie.

> *  JPEG image snapshots by pressing one remote
>    control button at any time.

The SVDRP command GRAB can do this, so everythin should be in there
allready.

> *  Summary/EPG info by pressing one (always the
>    same one) remote ontrol button at any time.
>
> *  EPG display that is a table with the time
>    on the X axis and the channel on the Y axis.

Actually I only colleced some stuff I want to take a look at, but my
intention is to start with a web-base approach first, using SVDRP and
perl. Especially EPG-Stuff like TVTV needs some space that the OSD can
not provide. As SVDRP may not change during the transit from 0.7x to
0.8, this will be no waste of time (I hope :)

Enhancing the interface for additional remote commands shouldn't be too
difficult.

I want to add that the Recordings should be presented in a more feasible
way. For example different sorting types (by time, by name, not seen).
For sequels you could do something like

RecordingA
RecordingB
Sequel
> Time Date Subtitle (if any)
  Time Date Subtitle ...
RecordingD

and you can expand or collapse this one with OK. Also a function "Replay
all sequel items from current location" to record to tape more easily.

I don't know if this part of vdr is item to be changed while Klaus
adapts to the new drivers.

Another item to change is the EPG file. I would like to add some more
informations from other sources (like TVTV or IMDB). I also tried to
scan the epg file and a movielist file with movies I want to record as
they are available on tv. Could be an enhancement to mastertimer.

So long,

J.-O. Todamm