[linux-dvb] VDR 0.80pre4

I have uploaded the current status of VDR with the new API to

  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.80pre4.diff.gz

This is a 'diff' between the official VDR version 0.72 and my
current source.

- Apparently the video block vs. picture frame syncronization has been
  fixed in the latest CVS driver version (2001-05-05), so it seems
  feasible to used that driver version.

- Doing fast forward/back with new recordings still doesn't give a
  "smooth" display. Old recordings (taken with VDR 0.72/driver 0.8.2
  work fine).

- There are still occasional segfaults, especially when recording on
  one DVB card and changing channels on another card, or in transfer
  mode. These segfaults apparently occur in the 'poll()', 'select()' or
  'ioctl()' functions. My current assumption is that there is either
  some fundamental error in VDR, or the driver does something wrong
  in the poll or ioctl functions. Or maybe its only on my system - I am
  using SuSE 7.1 with kernel 2.4 as it comes with SuSE.

- Sometimes video and audio are out of sync, even if a channel is viewed
  'live'. I have no idea where this could come from, must be a driver
  problem!?

I guess we should now concentrate on getting rid of the segfaults, because
in the current state the program is too unreliable for every day use.

Any ideas what might be the cause of these segfaults would be greaty appreciated.

Klaus