[linux-dvb] Re: Audio loss in replay - driver bug?

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger writes:
>  > Since yesterday my VDR box is running exclusively with the new
>  > driver and VDR version, in order to test and improve the overall
>  > stability and reliability of channel switching, recording and replaying
>  > (the tree most important features).
>  >
>  > There appears to be an annoying problem in the driver, which causes
>  > a loss of audio after replaying a recording for a few minutes.
>  > When this happens, it can be cured by stopping and restarting the replay.
>  > This indicates that the recorded data itself is ok.
>  >
>  > Can one of the driver developers please look into this? Since VDR only
>  > "shovels" the data into the DVB device when replaying, and the ring buffer
>  > is always almost completely full, I can't think of any place in VDR that
>  > could cause this problem.
>
> I did a 10 hour playback test this week and had no problems with audio.

Assuming that your test indicates that there is no driver problem, I disabled
the "siProcessor" in VDR when replaying. Apparently the occasional video and
audio glitches I have reported earlier are then gone (at least almost, I believe
I still saw one, but it is definitely a lot better).

Maybe the loss of audio has in some way to do with this. Since I assume you are not
reading the EIT data while replaying, that may explain why you are having no such
problems.

What's interesting is that apparently this is no problem when recording, only
when replaying.

I'll change VDR so that it won't read the EIT data any more while replaying.
If you should find (and fix) any driver bug in that area, so that replaying
and reading the EIT data at the same time would be possible, please let me know.

Klaus