[linux-dvb] Re: ideas for VDR

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

> ideas for VDR:
>
> .) it would be great when audio was muted during channel
> switching, because now you sometimes have a squeaking sound
> when the channel is syncing. if the volume is turned up,
> i think my ears will collapse. :))

Actually VDR tries to do that:

  // Avoid noise while switching:

  if (fd_video >= 0 && fd_audio >= 0) {
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_SET_MUTE, true));
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_video, VIDEO_SET_BLANK, true));
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_video, VIDEO_CLEAR_BUFFER));
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_CLEAR_BUFFER));
     }

but apparently that doesn't work - or I'm doing something wrong here.

> .) would it be possible to see if a channel can.t be encrypted?
> i mean: sometimes VDR (or the as*on CAM) hangs, and i can.t
> tell which one. so i have to restart the drivers, for the
> CAM to reset. if VDR would check the transfer to/from the CAM,
> it could tell me if there is a problem (and maybe reset the
> CAM by itself).

We'll need a more elaborate CAM API for this - but I guess that's
on the driver developers' TODO list already...

Klaus