[linux-dvb] Re: Strange: fileds of interlaced movie in wrong order in vdr/vob file

Uwe Freese wrote:

> An important question for me is if VDR makes a difference between
> interlaced and progressive material when storing it in vdr files and
> if mplex makes this difference.

VDR simply reads the data from the driver, does a little repacking and
stores it into a file. On replay, it reads the data from the file and
sends it to the driver. It doesn't look into the data any further than
necessary to detect the frame borders.

Maybe there's something wrong in the cDvbApi::GrabImage() function in
VDR's dvbapi.c? Perhaps Guido Fiala <gfiala@s.netic.de> can comment on this
(he implemented it)?

Klaus