[linux-dvb] Re: AW: VDR 0.80pre8, current CVS OSD problems

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger writes:
>  > Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Klaus Schmidinger writes:
>  > >  > Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > > Viewing the live broadcast works because the firmware(ROM)/RTSL
>  > >  > > offers a mechanism which uses an overflow buffer in DRAM (as opposed
>  > >  > > to the SDRAM where the normal buffers, OSD, etc. have to be).
>  > >  > > This overflow buffer (if configured) is automatically used when the
>  > >  > > video buffer is full. Data is DMAed to/from the buffer as needed.
>  > >  > > Without this normal TV watching also does not work correctly with the
>  > >  > > increased OSD memory.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > But "normal watching" used to work just fine for the past year or so, and
>  > >  > I don't think that the OSD memory has been _increased_ since then. So what
>  > >  > has changed that caused normal viewing to suddenly fail?
>  > >
>  > > Did you actually read what I wrote above?
>  >
>  > Yes, I did, but maybe I didn't understand it...
>  >
>  > I thought you were referring to the problems I reported recently when
>  > recording from the ZDF channel. The signal that came out of the AV-out
>  > connectors was heavily distorted when recording and I assumed that you
>  > meant that AV-out signal when you wrote "normal TV watching".
>
> No, I did not mean that.
> I still was not able to reproduce this problem.

Just tried it again with the currently ongoing episode of "Küstenwache"
on ZDF, and hat the same problems again.

Could some of the readers on this list please try recording the current ZDF
broadcast and watch the live signal at the Cinch AV-out? Are you getting any
distortions while recording?

Klaus