[linux-dvb] Re: AW: VDR 0.80pre8, current CVS OSD problems

"Marcus O.C. Metzler" wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger writes:
>  > "Marcus O.C. Metzler" wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Klaus Schmidinger writes:
>  > >
>  > >  > Just tried it again with the currently ongoing episode of "Küstenwache"
>  > >  > on ZDF, and hat the same problems again.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Could some of the readers on this list please try recording the current ZDF
>  > >  > broadcast and watch the live signal at the Cinch AV-out? Are you getting any
>  > >  > distortions while recording?
>  > >  >
>  > >
>  > > Using tuxzap and cat /dev/ost/dvr >zdf.ts I don't get any
>  > > distortions while recording. And playing it either with
>  > > ntuxplayer -i TS_STREAM zdf.ts -a 120 -v 110   or
>  > > ntuxplayer -i TS_STREAM zdf.ts -a 120 -v 110 -n
>  > > is ok.
>  > >
>  > > So it must have something to do that vdr does which those other
>  > > programs don't.
>  >
>  > Well, I wonder what that could be...
>  >
>  > I tried it again and then there were no problems. So I stopped recording
>  > and did some channel switching, then started recording again - and immediately
>  > had the distortions. It would look as if it might depend on what channel was tuned
>  > to before the recording started.
>  >

> Maybe you have a heat problem, or your LNB`s base frequencies are
> slightly off. It could also be some kind of interference from your
> harddrive.

I doubt that, because it only happens when recording, and then only
on particular channels and with particular broadcasts. When the problem
occurs (while recording) and I stop recording, the signal at the AV-out
is immediately ok again.

I'm currently using the CVS driver version from 2001-05-25, because with the
version from 2001-05-28 I'm having big problems with tuning and frequent "ARM resets"
(with otherwise unchanged VDR, just recompiled with the respective driver's header files).
Ralph said earlier that the tuning code hasn't changed between these two versions,
but I guess something must have changed, because the latest version is pretty
unstable on my system.

> Did you try it with tuxzap and cat?

Not yet, but I guess I'll have to do that next...

Klaus