[linux-dvb] Re: Problems using mplex

ma.hoff@bigfoot.com writes:

 > is it possible to integrate a check for VPTS-APTS Difference for every GOP or every packet that's written out in mplex ?
 > This would easily solve the problem of VPTS-APTS Drifts that still seem to occur...

I only determine the difference at the start, because I want both
streams to start at the same time. Of course the difference can be
different at some other point in the stream, but since the stream is
demultiplexed that really shouldn't matter. The two demultiplexed
parts should than be multiplexed with the constant offset and there
should not be any more drift. It's supposed to be like this

   bad mux        demux        good mux
AVVAAVVAAVVAA ->  VVVVVV -> AVAVAVAVAVAVA
                 AAAAAAA

The remuxing part of the software is not mine, so I don't know if it
is always correct. I also haven't tested very large files, so it may
be not accurate enough. Maybe it is better to split the file into many
relatively small parts and then remux those separately. This could
than maybe be done without the need of temp files. I don't have the
time to play around with that, but if anybody is willing to work on
that, be my guest. Maybe there is a newer version of bbmpeg, where I
got the muxing routines from, that is better.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de