[linux-dvb] RH 7.1 and dvbd

I installed dvb drivers on a RH 7.1 box. I compiled them without problems, but when i tried to stard dvbd, this crashed with o message like "Is a directory, not a file".
I looked to sorce of dvbd and i saw that dvbd try to open /dev/video. On the older version of kernel (2.2.x - 2.3.x) this was a link -> video0. On 2.4.x kernel video seems to be a directory with some DVD drivers.
I wanna knoow if this version of dvbd can be used of with 2.4.x kernels and how to do this!

B/R Ginel