[linux-dvb] Re: latest CVS version (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:39:07 +0200 (CEST)
From: Jan Panteltje <root@panteltje.demon.nl>
To: Emil Naepflein <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de>
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Re: latest CVS version

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Emil Naepflein wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>

> > - I changed the syncing in the ARM code which removes the
> >   "jerking" problem during playback.
> >   I already spent quite some time testing this but I would
> >   like to know if it also works for you and if anybody
> >   experiences any long time problems with syncing during
> >   playback with this new code.
>
> does this new firmware also work with the old driver?
I have also this wish:
I actually tried DPram and Root from some later cvs on 8.2, and it worked.
This is mainly because it would be extremely difficult
to upgrade kernel now, plus all the work I did with /dev/video
So an ARM code for say driver 8.2 with the new sync etc would
solve a practicel problem here.
What I do now is:
start 8.2 (with the later ARM code).
Then start 7.1 and select station and record,
Then start 0.04 !!!! (it has NO sync), and try a bit until a/v is in sync.
It stays in sync for at least 60 minutes on my k6-2 450 in X,
IF<<< I do not do anything else.
Why like this all?
Because the result is perfect, and THAT is all that counts IMO.
BTW I record with cat /dev/video > filename.
And I play back with some special stuf I wrote (adds subtitles etc).
Once in a blue moon 0.04 crashes after about 40 minutes... :-(
But the net result is a really professional product.