[linux-dvb] Re: AW: VDR 0.80pre8, current CVS OSD problems

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Ralph Metzler wrote:

> What I meant is that without enabling the overflow buffer mechanism
> (which is trivial now, but wasn't the time I first tried to use it)
> also normal TV watching has distortions with the reduced video
> buffer.
>

> Ralph

Ralph, something is wrong in all this.
If I can do av_pes recording driver 0.7.1 and playback 0.0.4
PERFECTLY, with as ONLY problem, that if I overload the system
by running a lot of other disk intensive things, it get out of sync,
then you must be chasing a wrong cause of the problems?
If I do not overload the system, record / playback is perfect,
just have to start a bit into the file at playback, to get the correct
audio/video sync (and it then stays in sync).

Then it would seem to me only the start -alignment- problem needs fixing.
Preventing system overload is not that difficult.
AND I am using OSD intensively at playback al the time (subtitles),
sometimes several lines of it.

Do you have the right idea what needs to be solved i.e. what is wrong?
Regards
Jan