[linux-dvb] Re: Streaming DVB/DVD data over a 2 computer network?

>I am fairly new to video related linux things and I wonder if there is a
>simple (or complicated ;) ) solution available for streaming dvb/dvd stuff
>over a network?
>
>I just want to watch some dvds on my notebook (linux, too) while I am in bed
>;)
>
>This involves just two computers and I would be perfectly happy to do
>something as simple as mounting some partition over nfs or samba.

I would like to go a step further, I'd like to stream live mpeg-2
video to a client on the LAN with no dvb-card installed. But at the
moment I don't know, how complicated this would be. Do you need a
streaming server software to do something like that? The only open
source streaming server I know is the Apple Darwin Quicktime
Streaming Server, but at the moment it doesn't support mpeg-2 (but I
guess it will in some months time) and there is no linux client
(doesn't matter for me, my possible clients are Macs).

Maybe there's a simpler solution to watch live dvb video on an
client, like reading the ring buffer over the LAN and displaying it
with a software PVA player, I guess there is some source code around
for SW like the windows PVAView.

greetings,
Dany