[linux-dvb] Re: Patch Release 1.0.3 of DTV

"L.H.Brouwer" schrieb:

> On Saturday 02 June 2001 21:26, Rolf Hakenes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > due to the obvious but ashaming fact, that I didn't test the several
> > compile options of my source code very well, there is another new and
> > (hopefully) improved patch release of DTV available at
> >
> >    http://hesdvb.sourceforge.net/DTV-1.0.3.tar.gz
> >
> > Fixed problems concern the compiling with disabled database interface.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Rolf
>
> Hi Rolf,
>
> When I compile DTV without the database I get the following error:
>
> database.c: In function `closeDatabase':
> database.c:351: `ddbConn' undeclared (first use in this function)
> database.c:351: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> database.c:351: for each function it appears in.)

I'll fix that in the next patch release today.

> Just commenting out this line fixed the problem.
>
> One other thing, when I tune into a channel that has multiple languages
> changing the language to English doesn't work. I just get a picture with no
> sound. (I'm using the latest CVS version of the driver with an aston v1.05
> cam).

Yes, I noticed that too. But it only happens with SECA channels. I think there
must be another bug in the firmware of the card that prevents this feature from
running. Language switching on FTA channel did always work, but not on encrypted
channels. A month ago Ralph fixed this for the Irdeto channels, but I did in
fact notice, that SECA didn't work. As I am not using that feature of SECA very
often, this didn't really matter to me and I ignored it. But maybe Ralph can
have another look into the firmware code to overcome this problem.

Regards,

Rolf