[linux-dvb] DTV questions (Re: Diseq Question, Channel searching...)

Hi Harald!

> i just upgraded my satelite hardware with another lnb and a diseq switch.
> One lnb is set to astra other to eutelsat. What program is able to search
> channels on multiple satelites with diseq? How to set up the program? I´m
> using Hauppauge DVB-S Card with RedHat 7.0, driver Version 0.8.2, on an Duron
> 800, Kernel 2.2.17. It workes fine with one Lnb.

Yesterday I tried dtv which was announced on this list and it seems to me
that it is much far advanced in channel searching than libdvb. The DVB
driver has a small channel searching program but this is quite slow and
I get always problems when searching a transponder more than once due to
timeouts (the timeouts are defined deep withing the libdvb library).
DTV has the advantage that it can use a data base for storing and extracting
the channel informations found on the internet and regulary updated. If
you have now flatrate or similar connection you should be able to download
a data file from the homepage of dtv. I just did not yet figure out how
to feed it into the database. Also I'm terribly missing a possibility to
switch channels using a GUI. Can dtv export it's channel information as
a dvbrc format ? Currently, you have to find a possibility to connect an
infrared device to your computer or use the tcpip console. A simple GUI
is easy to create (simply a sort of virtual remote control which sends
the commands to the TCPIP port). The best one would be to parse the data
from the config or from the database and select the channels directly
(and save the favorite channel list again). If I only had time to do this...

Also I recommand you switching to kernel 2.4.3 or higher and DVB 0.9.
The driver has much advanced in the last months.

Best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
E-Mail: reinhard@suamor.de
New GnuPG Public Key available on request

-- Type: application/pgp-signature