[linux-dvb] Re: Lowest possible hardware configuration for VDR?

Hi :),

Quoting Juergen Scherer (juergen.scherer@gmx.de):

> I just wanted to let you know that I succeeded in setting up a
> VDR-System on a Pentium-133 (non MMX) System with 64MB of RAM.
> The System is based on an older SuSE-Linux 6.4 updated to kernel
> 2.4.5.

> It works flawlessly with one DVB-S card and is also able to play DVDs
> with the DVB-dvdplayer ( just some occasional videodisturbances in the
> lower quarter of the image. But I am not sure if these are caused by
> my "lowpower" system or just a problem of the dvdplayer program
> itself.)

We had even a Pentium 100 MHz here and this system used to be DVD test
hardware. Beside of the DVB MPEG2 hardware decoding, we did some AC3 and CSS
decoding in software on the CPU. No problems at all :).

Bye... SP.
--
Szymon Polom                      | GPG Key-ID 1024D/E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH | http://www.convergence.de