[linux-dvb] Re: Autogenerating marks.vdr

geri9@sbox.tugraz.at wrote:

> Hi, all out there
>
> the last days i have written a software
> which generates the marks.vdr file automatic.
>
> It just looks if for the logo ( at teh top of the page )
>
> downloadable at: http://www.sbox.TUGraz.at/home/g/geri9/
>
> Question to Klaus:
> Is there a way to start a programm after recording
> with parameter 1.Directory of the recorded film
>                2.Channel from which was recorded ( ie : PRO7 )
>
> this is all what my Proramm needs to calculate the marks.vdr file.

You could modify the cRecordControl class so that it remembers the
Recording.FileName() and the channel number (or name). Then in
cRecordControl::Stop() you could use that information to call your
program after stopping the recording (see menu.c/.h).

I assume that your program will run for a while, so I suggest you
make it so that it forks a new process and returns immediately.
Otherwise VDR's watchdog timer might go off, if VDR was started with
the '-w' option.

Klaus