[linux-dvb] Re: AC3 output through soundcard (S-PDIF)

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > VDR currently uses the audio IDs 0xC0 and 0xC1 for the "primary" and
 > "secondary" audio track. I'm planing on using 0xD0 and 0xD1 for the
 > primary and secondary digital audio tracks and introducing a new field
 > in the channels.conf file that holds the DPIDs ("Digital audio PIDs").
 > This can be expanded to a maximum of 16 analog and 16 digital audio
 > PIDs later, should this appear necessary. But first I want to get the
 > basic AC3 support running.

What do you mean with "digital" audio tracks? Aren't they all digital?
If you mean AC3 streams I would propose reading DPID as "Dolby audio PID".
Furthermore, why don't you leave them in private streams? Anything else
would be incompatible.

Ralph