[linux-dvb] Re: Strange output from /dev/video

On Friday 22 June 2001 02:22, you wrote:
> Marcus Daniel writes:
>  > On Thursday 21 June 2001 23:55, you wrote:
>  > > Maybe you are using the wrong color format or the SAA7146 is
>  > > delivering the wrong one?
>  > > I did not test all color formats of the SAA driver. There are
>  > > newer versions of the driver available from the auhthor (Michael
>  > > Hunold) but I did not move to that one yet because it only supports
>  > > V4L2.
>  >
>  > How would I do that? I cannot find additional module parameters. Output
>  > modes seem to be defined in saa7146_defs.h, is there a tool for changing
>  > that ? Or has the /dev/video using programm to do it?
>
> Yes, via the standard Video4Linux calls.

I finally went through the hassle of lugging a monitor to the box and lo and
behold the picture with xawtv looks perfect!   Doing bttvgrab -> Fine looking
picture, but EGA red and green instead of the real colors ???

Well, at least I am very happy, that there seems no DMA problem to be
invovlved :-)  I guess from here on I just have to RTFM on v4l.

OK, thanks for your help. Guess I have to polish up some programming skills
;-).

    Marcus