[linux-dvb] AW: Re: which versions ?

Not really,

the change from 2.2.x to 2.4.x is a major one, I did this change a few
months ago. Your init-scripts can stay more or less the same, one thing you
should cave at is IP-masquarading and forwarding, which has been rewritten
completely. So if you use that feature (using your linux box as a dial-out
server for your local network or similar), you have to adapt the setup for
that. All other configuration stuff remained the same for me. The only
oddity resulting from the OS change is, that the nfs statd does not work
anymore (according to the boot messages), but I as I did not ever use that
daemon...who cares...??

Regards

Rolf