[linux-dvb] Audio problem with DVB-S Card

Andreas Gebel writes:
 > I have got a problem with my Siemens DVB-S Card. When I watch a TV Channel or
 > play back a recording, there is no usable Sound on the analog Audio
 > Connectors. Only some kind of noise on the right channel. I tried the
 > Audio-Out plug on the back with active speakers, the internal "CD-ROM like"
 > connection to the Sound Card and the J2 Pin Connection to the TV.
 > With the J2 Pin's SPDIF connected with optical cable to the amplifier the
 > sound is OK.

This sounds like there might be a problem with the audio DAC chip or
the sound output of the AV7110 itself on your card.
If this is independent of the driver version (but I never had this kind of
problem with any of my driver versions) I would definitely try to get
this card repaired or exchanged.

 > Is the card damaged or can the probem be anywhere else?
 > I bought it at http://www.pc-werksverkauf.de, can I bring the card to any
 > "Fujitsu-Siemens-Computers Autorized Service Partner" to repair it or do I
 > have to send it back to the factory sale shop?

Sorry, I have no idea how they handle that.
If you bought it by mail order you should be able to return it during
the first few weeks (is it 4 weeks now?) in any case.

Ralph