[linux-dvb] Re: Latest CVS driver results with VDR... was: DVB-S in the US.

Chris Worley writes:
 > I figured the flicker must be caused by some ioctl that VDR's
 > constantly hitting: it's not.
 >
 > In stracing VDR, cDisplayChannel::ProcessKey is getting called about
 > 40 times/sec, causing a lot of system "time" calls, but that was about
 > it.  No ioctls to the DVB driver while the video is flickering.
 >
 > Also, the flickering isn't consistent.  When it's consistent, it seems
 > to always occur exclusively for certain channels, but never happens
 > with other channels.  Killing VDR stops the flickering (leaving the
 > channel displaying).

Did you set any Teletext PIDs for those channels?
Teletext insertion does not work with NTSC and will cause the
flickering even if no teletext data is actually present.
There was a bug in the driver last week which could cause
teletext filters remain active when changing to a channel without
teletext but I already checked in the fix last weekend.
Maybe VDR keeps a teletext filter active when it shouldn't?

Ralph